#ricoSacto

Wednesday, August 14, 2013


W.W.A.R.D.?

SADNESS AND MISERY ARE THE DEMONS I CRAVE

I crawled out of the deep end of the hole in one piece
The quicksand couldn't keep my heart and soul down
I needed a cup of tea and a cranberry scone
So I sat outside of the Stabucks waitin' for you and sundown.

You didn't come of course, you never do
But I waited and wrote my lines of longing for the end
Always coming right back to the beginning
Where I always feel most comfortable, jammin' ACDC on my iPod.

I am jumpin' inside, up and down to the melody and the beat
She was just a simple soul stripper on the pole
A little genius lady who knew just how to do it to me
Sittin' with her hands full of flowers, doin' the lap thang.

I fell into the little mousy trap of dreamin' in bed with her
It wasn't her fault, it was just that I hadn't been a lovin' kind
I said things I didn't wanna say, I wrote 'em all down here
She took my heart and tore me asunder with thunder.

I don't care to recall it again, so I'll stop it all right here
I'm livin' without my soul right now and it feels kinda funny
But I'm not laughin' 'cause it ain't that much of a joke
She still runs around and haunts the halls of my fear.

by
Richard Joseph Stephan
c August 14, 2013 

1 comment:

YOUR 2 cents...if you don't mind? ;-)