#ricoSacto

Saturday, March 09, 2019

#MysterySolved #MovedFirstAndLast @ricoSacto #ricoSacto

GETTING LAID, A FIREMAN’S STYX*
Richard Joseph Stephan · Saturday, March 9, 2019
-------------------------
Underneath a broken Ad sign on top of the brick building at Harlem & Lake, gangsters’ fight
There was a secret entrance underneath the cellar that crossed the road in a sewer of knaves
With the rats my grandpa showed me in the traps near Ohio & Wood street, a Sicilian delight
Where I come from, where I was born and suckled, nurtured near Ashland & Chicago Aves.

Comin’ home with candy from Brach’s, my grandpa popped a vein and into a coffin’s wake up
Never got to ask them why they came to die, caravan to a #DesplainesRiver cemetery mix-up
I couldn’t always be full of grace and Catholic virtue, but I did get out of Chicago alive, MFers
#Death nearly arrested my benign attention, God dam it, magnets attracted evil dog howlers.

Putting the hot porridge out to cool on the window sill the dogs came and waited for the end
When the silverware clinks on the bottom of the bowl for a remnant of a lick or two, depends
On the way I feel and the opportunity that doesn’t knock, sneaks up behind your old bones
Vibrations inside the heads, where the gongs bang, inside the kegs of suds, mash corn-pones.

Only you know and I know what this is all about, nobody else really cares much about life
Break hearts for real or figuratively from east to south and north to west sides, bytes of strife
Glory holes suckin’ the joy out of the last refuge of scoundrels, happiness in ignorant bliss
From One we come, maybe two, that’s alright, it’s this holy trinity ghost I can’t see, no tryst.

No changing the tune in the middle of a medley rant, just get your kicks on Rt. Seventy Three
Jersey to California to Alaska and Hawaii and back, love all 50 states of logic’s ninth illusion
Cats scratch autographs for the checks of debits, traded for silver pieces of eight, me booty
Function of the equations is to measure the Time in Space, to wonder if to be or not, is to be.

by
r j j stephan, i *Header is a tribute to my hometown, where I come from, Chicago Avenue!
c. March 9th, 2019 A.D. @ 10:10 AM PST { a cornucopia of noise from the diotynic dream }
{ drafted while simmering on goin’ to Starbucks (4332 Watt Avenue, North Highlands, CA) for a #Cappucino and listenin’ to Styx #PiecesOfEight #ImOK link @ https://youtu.be/8FkEtB075Ng?list=PLAFA5AC6331D3F6BD & a special treat about #ClimateChange & #Plankton on youTube link @ https://youtu.be/cpUf2EAmHxk }
W.W.A.R.D.?

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR 2 cents...if you don't mind? ;-)