#ricoSacto

Friday, January 22, 2021

#AintTheFirstTime #ItWontBeTheLastTime #FigureItOut #LongNeckSweatin' #HellHighSummerSun

 
VIRAL ONCE & DAMN, THAT WAS A COLD ONE, EXTINCTION OF SPECIES
Nobody's fault but mine, I'm high and dry, I bought the ticket to ride on the trip, paid for pain
It was cold, it was way too hot and one thing for sure, I had to forget that I was a fly lost at sea
No control over when I'm comin' back to the place I love, home sweet home, a rocky mountain
Came sliding into home with my steel spikes straight up, the catcher caught a slice of you or me.

Fought nice and easy without any effort because I knew I had already won, the dream's done
Sweat pants and socks full of my exhaust, flyin' high above the brothers and sisters of the fun
As above and so it is below, the same old thing that has the same cause for the same ol' effect
Cold One, hotter than a pistol after firing off a few round loads, drunk to heal it, hands on deck.

Brought my protection in my hands & feet, mind & brain & will to control such a good ol' fight
Survival of the fit with or without my daily twelve pak, I can deal with or without it, outta sinkin'
Once drunk beyond the pale where you don't want to get behind a god's firewheel, I'm out & in
That was a cold one I won't get back either, out my twelve pak when you split, God's sun is white.

Bring all of your germs back to the mainland and walk out of everyone's life, she stole a cold One
On the way out the corral she kicked down the red barn, haystacks everywhere in 90 degree sun
High and dry for the last time, she took the things that meant nothing to me, reminded me of her
Pretended to be upset as ecstasy nearly broke my face, a form of happiness, ain't sweatin' it, sir.

In the middle of nowhere when you're done pickin' and grinnin' tryin' not to think 'bout yesterday
Cold ones all drunk down in one late summer sun, didn't know why the world was spinnin' away
My head would not allow the alcohol to metabolize therefore I purged the elements in cosmic ilk
Flushed into wasted cases & twelve packs, sweatin' old days, not the 1st time I felt the worm silk.

Tequila & Budweiser I forgot to bring home from the liquor store, I think I forgot it in the scum
By the time I recalled my error and returned to fetch my booty, it was gone but not far, on a bum
Over by the railroad tracks I saw him with his feet up on a cooler, crackin' beers out my backpak
Hella hot sun going down and it appears I'll either get it all back or I'm droppin' the dude, a fact.

It was all over in five minutes or less once I claimed my property, the dude was an angelic hobo
I gave him a couple for his trouble, we drank one together, I was outta the ebb & neap tide flow
He didn't comprehend the language as a countryman would have, an alien, a foreign body of Id
Came over the ocean, boat, ship or whatever motherlode he hitched a ride on, God's a bold kid.

by
r j j  stephan, i
c.  Friday, January 22nd, 2021 A.D. @ 2:22 PMPST
{  Drafted listenin' to @EricChurch #DamBabyThatWasAColdOne in a loop on youTube link @ https://youtu.be/BKvE-WoooLE }
FINIS
W.W.A.R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR 2 cents...if you don't mind? ;-)